Background: This agreement applies as between you, the User of this Website and KidsCast, the owner(s) of this Website and extended Applications. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately. No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer and our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur upon our sending a dispatch email to you indicating that your order has been accepted and provisions of service have begun.
1. Definitions and Interpretation In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account” means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Paid Content and / or any communications System on the Website;
“Application” means an ‘App’ as used in common parlance supplied by a third party under license;
“Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website;
“KidsCast” of registered business address KidsCast. The Old Brewery, High Cy, Leeds, LS2 7ES;
“Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that KidsCast makes available through the Website or App feature either now or in the future, including but not limited to mobile applications that utilise Website functionality;
“Payment Information” means any details required for the purchase of Services from this Website. This includes, but is not limited to, credit / debit card numbers, bank account numbers and sort codes;
“Purchase Information” means collectively any orders, invoices, receipts or similar that may be in hard copy or electronic form;
“Premises” Means our registered offices at KidsCast. The Old Brewery, High Ct, Leeds, LS2 7ES.
“System” means any online communications infrastructure that TLP makes available through the Website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
“User” / “Users” means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by Plato and acting in the course of their employment; and
“Website” means the website that you are currently using (Kidscast.tv) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain.Kidscast.tv) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. Intellectual Property
2.1 Subject to the exceptions in Clause 3 of these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Website and Services, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of KidsCast, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Website and Services you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other laws.
2.2 Subject to Clause 4 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Website unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by KidsCast.
3. Third Party Intellectual Property
3.1 Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
3.2 Subject to Clause 5 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
4. Fair Use of Intellectual Property Material from the Website may be re-used without written permission where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
5. Links to Other Websites This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of KidsCast or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
6. Links to this Website. Those wishing to place a link to this Website on other sites may do so only to the home page of the site Kidscast.tv without prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires the express permission of KidsCast and unlicensed use will be deemed to be an infringement of both copyright and droit morale rights. To find out more please contact us by email at info@Kidscast.tv or by post to KidsCast. The Old Brewery, High Ct, Leeds, LS2 7ES . Use of Communications Facilities
7.1 When using the enquiry form or any other System on the Website you should do so in accordance with the following rules:
7.1.1 You must not use obscene or vulgar language;
7.1.2 You must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
7.1.3 You must not submit Content that is intended to promote or incite violence or racial or religious hatred;
7.1.4 It is advised that submissions are made using the English language as we may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other languages;
7.1.6 You must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of KidsCast or our affiliates; and
7.1.7 You must not use our System for unauthorised mass-communication such as “spam” or “junk mail”.
7.2 You acknowledge that KidsCast reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to us or using our System.
8.1 In order to procure Services on this Website and to use the forum facilities you are required to create an Account which will contain certain personal details and Payment Information which may vary based upon your use of the Website as we may not require payment information until you wish to make a purchase. By continuing to use this Website you represent and warrant that:
8.1.1 all information you submit is accurate and truthful;
8.1.2 you have permission to submit Payment Information where permission may be required; and
8.1.3 you will keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Your creation of an Account is further affirmation of your representation and warranty.
8.2 It is recommended that you do not share your Account details, particularly your username and password. KidsCast accepts no liability for any losses or damages incurred as a result of your Account details being shared by you. If you use a shared computer, it is recommended that you do not save your Account details in your internet browser.
8.3 If you have reason to believe that your Account details have been obtained by another without consent, you should contact KidsCast immediately to suspend your Account and cancel any unauthorised orders or payments that may be pending. Please be aware that orders or payments can only be cancelled up until provision of Services has commenced. In the event that an unauthorised provision commences prior to your notifying us of the unauthorised nature of the order or payment, KidsCast will suspend provision of Services and the withdrawal of any scheduled payments pending investigation. Following investigation, it shall be determined whether or not to cancel the Services and make a full or partial refund of the payment.
8.4 When choosing your username you are required to adhere to the terms set out above in Clause 7. Any failure to do so could result in the suspension and/or deletion of your Account.
9. Termination and Cancellation
9.1 Either KidsCast or you may terminate your Account. If KidsCast terminates your Account, you will be notified by email and an explanation for the termination will be provided. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to terminate without giving reasons.
9.2 If KidsCast terminates your Account, service provision will be suspended or may be denied.
9.3 KidsCast reserves the right to cancel orders or payments without stating reasons, for any reason prior to processing payment or commencing Services provision.
9.4 If orders or payments are cancelled for any reason prior to commencement of Services provision you will be refunded any monies paid in relation to those purchases.
9.5 A refund of one month’s subscription will be made in proportion to the notice period left within the month. If this figure falls below 0.50p no prepayment will be made.
10.1 Any and all monies are due for payment on completion of service or on the dates, or intervals specified in that order as may be appropriate, unless alternative arrangements are agreed between the Purchaser and KidsCast.
11. Services, Pricing and Availability
11.1 Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all descriptions of Services available from KidsCast correspond to the actual Services, KidsCast is not responsible for any variations from these descriptions. This does not exclude our liability for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to variations of the correct Services, not different Services altogether. Please refer to sub-Clause 12.4 for incorrect Services.
11.2 Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required Services.
11.3 All pricing information on the Website is correct at the time of going online. KidsCast reserves the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary. All pricing information is reviewed and updated every calendar month.
11.4 In the event that prices are changed during the period between an order being placed for Services and KidsCast processing that order and taking payment, provision of Services shall commence as per your order and you will be charged the original price.
12. Provision of Services
12.1 Provision of Services shall commence when full payment has been received or as otherwise detailed in the Terms & Conditions pertaining directly to those Services.
12.2 KidsCast shall use its best endeavours to provide the Services with reasonable skill and care.
12.3 Provision of all Services shall be subject to the terms and conditions pertaining directly to those Services.
12.4 In the event that Services are provided that do not in conform to your order and thus incorrect, you should contact us within 10 days to inform us of the mistake. KidsCast will ensure that any necessary corrections to the Services provided are made within 7 working days.
12.5 KidsCast reserves the right to exercise discretion with respect to any alterations to Services under the provisions of this Clause 12. Factors which may be taken into account in the exercise of this discretion include, but are not limited to:
12.5.1 Any use or enjoyment that you may have already derived from the Services;
12.5.2 Any characteristics of the Services which may mean that cessation of provision is impossible without significant further work on the part and at the expense of KidsCast. Such discretion to be exercised only within the confines of the law.
14. KidsCast makes no warranty or representation that the Website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Services.
14.2 No part of this Website is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
14.3 No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. 15. Changes to the Services and these Terms and Conditions KidsCast reserves the right to change the Website, its Content or these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the Terms and Conditions from the first time you use the Website following the changes. If KidsCast is required to make any changes to Terms and Conditions by law, these changes will apply automatically to any orders currently pending in addition to any orders placed by you in the future.
16. Availability of the Website and App Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by law we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. KidsCast accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
17. Limitation of Liability
17.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, TLP accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Website and it’s Content at their own risk.
17.2 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts KidsCast’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of KidsCast.
17.3 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts KidsCast’s liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising out of the incorrect provision of Services or out of reliance on incorrect information included on the Website.
17.4 Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
18. No Waiver In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
19. Previous Terms and Conditions In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
20. Notices All notices / communications shall be given to us either by post to our Premises (see address above) or by email to email@example.com. Such notice will be deemed received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
21. Law and Jurisdiction These terms and conditions and the relationship between you and KidsCast shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and KidsCast and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to KidsCast via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
KidsCast, or us
KidsCast, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number The Old Brewery whose registered office is at High Court, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS2 7ES;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by KidsCast and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to KidsCast and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, kidscast.tv, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, KidsCast is the “data controller”. This means that KidsCast determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
a. IP address (automatically collected);
b. web browser type and version (automatically collected);
c. operating system (automatically collected);
d. a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
e. information regarding users activity within the KidsCast app, specifically the content they view and the duration of each session;
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. KidsCast will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
c. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
d. when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. improvement of our products / services;
b. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
c. contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
c. if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
12. We may use your Data to show you KidsCast adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you KidsCast adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed “Cookies” below).
Who we share Data with
13. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – to obtain advice from professional advisers, and to assist employees and agents in optimising the KidsCast service;
Keeping Data secure
14. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
15. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
18. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
19. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
20. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
21. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
22. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
25. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
26. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
28. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
29. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling KidsCast to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
30. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
31. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
32. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
33. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
34. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
35. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
38. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
39. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
06 January 2019
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
We use the following targeting cookies:
Description of Cookie
We use this cookie to enable us to keep you informed of KidsCast updates after you leave the site